Rachel Bloom Biography
Rachel Bloom is an actress, singer, songwriter, screenwriter, and comedian from the United States of America. She was once roommates with comedian Ilana Glazer after college in Brooklyn. She first came to be known for her YouTube shorts, including the Hugo Award-nominated music video “Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury”.
Rachel Bloom Career
She co-created and played the role of Rebecca Bunch in The CW comedy-drama series Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, for which she won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy and a Critics’ Choice Television Award for Best Actress in a Comedy Series.
She first became known for her YouTube shorts, including the Hugo Award-nominated music video “Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury”. On May 13, 2013, Bloom released her first album of musical comedy, Please Love Me, which included the songs “Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury” and “You Can Touch My Boobies”.Rachel Bloom Photo
On November 19, 2013, she released her second album Suck It, Christmas, which featured a comedic look at Chanukah and included the song “Chanukah Honey”. She was the voice of Princess Peach in the song “Luigi’s Ballad” on Starbomb’s self-titled debut album. Bloom co-wrote “Super Friend” performed by Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin, featured on the musical crossover episode of Supergirl and The Flash titled “Duet” and the soundtrack released from the episode.
On April 25, 2016, she was awarded the “Visionary Award” at the annual gala held by East West Players, the longest-running professional theatre of color in the United States. The award seeks to honor “individuals who have raised the visibility of the Asian Pacific American (APA) community through their craft,” which her show Crazy Ex-Girlfriend was lauded for its decision to cast an Asian-American male in a trope and stereotype-subverting lead role.
She has worked as a television writer on Allen Gregory and Robot Chicken. She then appeared on “The Sexual Spectrum” episode of Bill Nye Saves the World in April 2017, performing the song “My Sex Junk” concerning the gender and sexual spectra. The performance and episode were controversial, garnering a mixed response with backlash from conservative groups and on social media, where Bloom was threatened.
The episode went on to receive an Emmy nomination. She also co-starred in the film Most Likely to Murder, opposite Adam Pally and Vincent Kartheiser. The film was directed by Dan Gregor, Bloom’s husband. It premiered at the SXSW Film Festival in March 2018, and was released on Digital and on Demand in May 2018.
On October 10, 2019 she was featured in a 30-minute YouTube documentary called Laughing Matters, created by SoulPancake in collaboration with Funny or Die, wherein a variety of comedians discuss mental health. She also appeared in the show My Little Pony, on the episode “Sounds of Silence”, playing a kirin named Autumn Blaze.
Rachel Bloom Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
She filmed a half-hour pilot for Showtime with co-executive producer Aline Brosh McKenna (The Devil Wears Prada) on May 7, 2015. The show became an hour-long series with more network-friendly content when it transitioned from cable to network TV and features musical numbers.
The show premiered on October 12, 2015. She won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Television Series on January 10, 2016, Musical or Comedy. The following week, Bloom won the Critics’ Choice Television Award for Best Actress in a Comedy Series.
Rachel Bloom Age
She was born on April 3, 1987 in Los Angeles County, California, U.S. She is 33 years old as of 2019.
Rachel Bloom Family
She was born in Los Angeles County, California to Alan Bloom and Shelli Bloom.
Rachel Bloom Husband
She is married to writer, actor, producer, and director Dan Gregor in 2015.
Rachel Bloom Children
She gave birth to her first child, she revealed Wednesday on Instagram. Bloom and husband Dan Gregor welcomed their daughter, with the multihyphenate noting that she was in the NICU during the coronavirus pandemic
Rachel Bloom Height
She stands at a height of 1.6 meters
Rachel Bloom Net worth
She is an American actress, singer, songwriter, screenwriter, and comedian who has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars.
Rachel Bloom Songs
- Just Sing Trolls World Tour (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) · 2020
- Rock You Like a Hurricane Trolls World Tour (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) · 2020
- Crazy Train Trolls World Tour (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) · 2020
- The Sexy Getting Ready Song Crazy Girlfriend: Season 1 (Original Television Soundtrack, Vol. 1) · 2016
- Barracuda Trolls World Tour (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) · 2020
- You Can Touch My Boobies Intro Please Love Me · 2013
- Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury Please Love Me · 2013
- I Steal Pets Please Love Me · 2013
- You Stupid Bitch
- West Covina Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: Season 1 (Original Television Soundtrack, Vol. 1) · 2016
- The Cake Farts Song
- Jazz Fever Please Love Me · 2013
- Pictures of Your Dick Please Love Me · 2013
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Season 1 Gag Reel
- Historically Accurate Disney Princess Song
Rachel Bloom TV Shows
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend 2015 – 2019
- Gay of Thrones Since 2013
- The Fuzz
Rachel Bloom Movies
- Trolls World Tour
- The Angry Birds Movie 2
- Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Most Likely to Murder
- Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
- Pooka Lives!
Rachel Bloom Awards
- Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Award for Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics 2019 · I Have to Get Out
- Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy 2016 · Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
- Critics’ Choice Television Award for Best Actress in a Comedy Series 2016 · Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
- Gotham Independent Film Award for Breakthrough Series Long Form 2016 · Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
- TCA Award for Individual Achievement in Comedy 2016 · Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
Rachel Bloom Social Media