Lauren Moss Biography
Lauren Moss is an American News Anchor who previously was a reporter and weekend morning news anchor at KWWL. She now works for WNDU TV as an evening anchor.
Lauren Moss Age
She has not made her age public yet. Details will be updated soon.
Lauren Moss Early Life/Education
Lauren was born and raised in the mid west, Chicago. She is a graduate of the University of Iowa. She earned a Double major Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism and Sports Studies. She also served as on-camera host for the Hawkeye Network’s “Inside Iowa.” Moss also served as an anchor/reporter for the Daily Iowan Television.
Lauren Moss Career
During her college years, her time as a Hawkeye paved the way for an exciting career in broadcast journalism. She worked for Iowa’s campus television station, “Daily Iowan TV,” while still in campus. She worked as a weekly news and sports anchor. She hosted several live campus events including Dance Marathon, which earned her 1st place for “Outstanding Anchoring Performance” from the Iowa Broadcast News Association.
She also interned for the Big Ten Network Student U and hosted her own entertainment show, “Inside Iowa,” discussing current events on campus. After graduation, Lauren worked at KWWL, the NBC affiliate in eastern Iowa for nearly five years. Lauren started as a multimedia journalist and was part of several Emmy award-winning newscasts. Within her first year, Lauren was promoted to weekend morning anchor.
During her time in Iowa, Lauren made a connection with her audience through her caring, her thoughtfulness, and her empathy for those with whom she worked and for those whose stories she felt compelled to share. After plenty of hard work, she was promoted to weekend anchor, bringing her cheerfulness and smile to our early morning viewers.
During her time here, Lauren has earned the respect not just of her KWWL community, but also of the community as a whole through her caring, her thoughtfulness, and her empathy for those with whom she worked and for those whose stories she felt compelled to share.
Lauren Moss Work Experience
Main Anchor, WNDU, South Bend, IN 2019 – Present
Weekend Anchor/MMJ, KWWL, Waterloo, IA 2014 – 2019
- Solo anchored one hour show on Saturday mornings, two hour show on Sunday mornings
- Filled in Monday through Friday morning, noon and evening shows
- Production skills: produced own weekend morning show
- Reporting skills included: shooting, editing and writing
- Interviewed 2016 presidential candidates including Hillary Clinton, Marco Rubio, etc.
- Reported as part of an Emmy award winning newscast
On-Camera Host, Hawkeye Network’s “Inside Iowa” 2013 – 2014
- Hosted a 30 minute weekly entertainment show for the University of Iowa
- Hosted the live 2013 Homecoming Parade
- Hosted the annual “Fry Fest” live
- Interviewed top personalities and public figures such as Hawkeye legend Gary Dolphin and Green
- Bay Packer’s Micah Hyde
Anchor/Reporter, Daily Iowan Television 2010 – 2013
- Sports and News Anchoring/Reporting weekly
- Live hosted the University of Iowa 2012 Homecoming Parade
- Hosted the 2012 University of Iowa Dance Marathon
- Narrated the University of Iowa’s History of Sports
- Won “Overall Excellence in Anchoring “ from the 2013 Iowa Broadcast News Association
Sideline Reporter/Production Intern, The Big Ten Network Iowa 2011 – 2014
- Live side-line reporting for baseball and basketball
- Color Analysis for men’s baseball
- University of Iowa 2014
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism and Sports Studies